Registration Deadline: January 31, 2024
– Parade registration is $25. (No fee for Sponsors!) After you fill out the form you’ll be redirected to the payment page.
– OR you may mail the downloadable form with your payment to: Ghent Neighborhood Association, 1317 Spencer Ave , New Bern, NC 28560 (with check payable to Ghent Neighborhood Association). There is a $35 fee for insufficient fund checks.
– PLEASE NOTE: Absolutely NO same-day sign-ups and NO same-day payments. Thank you.
– Float/participant types include: floats, truck/trailer, antique cars or motorcycles, horses and riders, horse carriages, dancers, musicians, walking groups, hula hoopers, creative vehicles (tricycles, coolers, pedi-cabs, scooters, Segways), etc.
– Participants are strongly encouraged to dress in Mardi Gras and related costumes.
– We will ask you closer to the event the approximate length and width of your float for line-up and ease of flow for the parade, or the approximate number of people in your walking or car or horse group, etc.
– All floats MUST be decorated in Mardi Gras colors or decorations. List of float decorations & bead suppliers.
– You’re encouraged to purchase Mardi Gras beads (“throws”) to toss to spectators. They go very quickly – get extras!! Seriously!! (Candy is fine, too, but not traditional for Mardi Gras, FYI.)
– Please keep your float and costume family friendly!
– Parade line-up begins at 12:30 pm.
– Parade is at 1:30 pm.
– PLEASE arrive for line-up no later than 1:00 pm so there is time to get checked in and lined up.
– All parade participants must pre-register and pre-pay by January 31. Again, NO same-day sign-ups and NO same-day payments.
– Weather: This is an all-weather event, and there is no rain date. The New Bern Mardi Gras committee will address any serious weather concerns and will communicate any cancellation promptly.
- All minors must have adequate adult supervision whether walking in parade or on a float. Minors riding in the bed of a pickup truck must be accompanied by an adult.
- For those sitting on the float, please make sure they do not hang their legs over the side of the float – all limbs must be on the float bed.
- Drivers participating in the event must possess a valid driver’s license for the class and type of vehicle they are operating.
- Drivers and passengers may have NO alcohol or impairing drugs in their system during the event.
- During the duration of the parade, front windows must be rolled down.
- The Mardi Gras Committee reserves the right to remove any vehicle from the event if there is a clear violation of North Carolina vehicle safety requirements. (Violations include but are not limited to the following: bald tires, excessive exhaust, improper muffler system, window tinting, etc.)
- Maintain at least 2 car lengths spacing in front of you.
For more information, contact us at Hello@NewBernMardiGras.com.