Registration Deadline: February 12, 2022
– Parade registration is $25. (No fee for Sponsors!) After you * fill out the form here * you’ll be redirected to the payment page.
– OR you may mail the downloadable form with your payment to: Ghent Neighborhood Association, PO Box 72, New Bern, NC 28563 (with check payable to Ghent Neighborhood Association).
– PLEASE NOTE: Absolutely NO same-day sign-ups and NO same-day payments. Thank you.
– Float/participant types include: floats, truck/trailer, antique cars or motorcycles, horses and riders, horse carriages, dancers, musicians, walking groups, hula hoopers, creative vehicles (tricycles, coolers, pedi-cabs, scooters, Segways), etc.
– Participants are strongly encouraged to dress in Mardi Gras and related costumes.
– We will ask you closer to the event the approximate length and width of your float for line-up and ease of flow for the parade, or the approximate number of people in your walking or car or horse group, etc.
– All floats MUST be decorated in Mardi Gras colors or decorations.
– You’re encouraged to purchase Mardi Gras beads (“throws”) to toss to spectators. They go very quickly – get extras!! Seriously!! (Candy is fine, too, but not traditional for Mardi Gras, FYI.)
– Please keep your float and costume family friendly!
– Parade line-up begins at 2 pm.
– Parade is at 3 pm.
– PLEASE arrive for line-up no later than 2:30 pm so there is time to get checked in and lined up.
– All parade participants must pre-register and pre-pay by February 12. Again, NO same-day sign-ups and NO same-day payments.
– Weather: This is an all-weather event, and there is no rain date. The New Bern Mardi Gras committee will address any serious weather concerns and will communicate any cancellation promptly.
For more information, contact us at Hello@NewBernMardiGras.com.